Welcome to Woodward-Granger Elementary's web page. We hope you enjoy the site and we encourage you to provide us with feedback in a constant effort to make it better. Our school is located in Granger and serves approximately 395 students and their families in grades PK-5. The middle school high school years (grades 6-12) are served in Woodward.
The District is highly committed to Early Childhood Education and has emphasized this commitment by providing 3-year old and 4-year old preschool programming. The District utilizes the State of Iowa's 4-Year Old Grant Program to offer 4-year old programming FREE of charge. In addition, transitional kindergarten programming is available for 5-year olds that qualify. The elementary also serves students on a variety of levels including Title I Reading, Special Education Services, English Language Learning, and Talented & Gifted education.
The Hawk-5 (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) is consistently guiding the elementary's efforts in creating lifelong, respectful and safe citizens. To assist with this mission our full time school nurse and guidance counselor are available daily to serve our family's needs. The staff at the elementary 's proud of its long tradition of putting kids and families first andwe look forward to serving you and your family.
Our Staff Believes...
- Every individual can learn
- Every individual is unique
- The student is the central focus of the school system
- Every individual is entitled to a safe and supportive environment
- Every individual has worth and deserves respect
- Every individual needs to take responsibility for his/her learning and actions
- Every individual deserves opportunities to learn
- Every individual deserves an education that is appropriate for his/her level of development
- Every individual need to experience continued success
- Learning is enhanced through the cooperation of family, school, and community
We have an experienced and dedicated group of teachers, support staff, and administrator. Each member of our staff strives to create a supportive and challenging classroom atmosphere to encourage students to participate. This is our staff during one of our weekly Teaming Meetings.